You are now 6 steps away from improving your health! Here are 6 steps to follow to a healthy diet! Read and discover the benefits of a healthy diet!
Developing and acquiring healthy eating habits is not complicated or confusing as many people think. If you want to improve your health and live a better and healthier life, you are now just a few steps away from achieving all of that. The basic steps are to eat healthier or eat foods derived from plants, such as fruits, vegetables, legumes, whole grains, and at the same time limit processed foods.
Yes, improving your health could be as simple as switching from white to brown bread or drinking your favorite coffee with skim milk instead of whole. It requires so little and yet making these changes to your diet plan can add up to huge health benefits.
In this article, we are going to present you the most important steps to a healthy diet, as well as, the benefits of using one:
- Switch to 100% whole-grain bread: The first and the easiest thing you could do is switch to whole grains. These products benefit your whole body in different ways, for example, reducing the risk of getting heart disease, type 2 diabetes, cancer or stroke, helping control weight, lengthening your life span, and etc.
- Instead of mayo start using mustard on sandwiches – Mayo-based products are probably one of the worst choices as they are high in fat grams, calories, and omega-6 fatty acids. If you can’t imagine your sandwich without a sauce, we highly recommend you to avoid mayo and use mustard instead.
If you want to always keep in touch with us we are at your service, contact us
- Make your oatmeal with 1% milk or skim and avoid water – If you can’t imagine your day without regular or instant oatmeal, this tip will increase the calcium and protein in your breakfast. From now own, try to use ⅔ cup of 1% milk or skim milk instead of water as this way it adds extra 6 grams of quality protein, 205 mg calcium, and 255 milligrams potassium.
- In salads, use spinach leaves instead of lettuce – Did you know that 1 4-cup serving of spinach leaves has 9800 IU vitamin A, 20 milligrams of omega 3s, 890 micrograms of beta-carotene, 150 mcg folic acid, 260 mg potassium, and 68 milligrams calcium? Now you know. From these numbers, we have concluded that spinach leaves are way better and healthier than iceberg lettuce and you should definitely include spinach leaves in your salads from now on.
- Instead of sweetened tea drink unsweetened tea – A serving of sweetened tea or soda has around 150 calories per 12-ounce service. If you want to lower the calories per week or per month, instead of sweetened tea, we highly recommend you to start drinking unsweetened tea. By doing so, you can save around 8000 calories per month, if we assume that you drink 2 servings of tea per day. Impressive, right?
- Start ordering grilled or broiled fish instead of steak – You have decided to visit your favorite restaurant tonight? Well, that is so nice. If you want your healthy diet to be effective, we highly recommend you to order grilled or broiled fish for dinner, instead of steak or pork.
Those that will follow a well-balanced and healthy diet significantly reduce the risk of heart diseases, diabetes, and cancer. The benefits don’t stop here, there are some other benefits of following a healthy diet – weight loss or maintenance, decreased blood sugar, more energy, less stress, improved mood, fewer wrinkles, fewer cravings, and flatter belly.